Casework
News
38 results:
-
đź“° News
IJM UK appoints new CEO
Her appointment comes at a significant moment for IJM globally, as we continue working with governments, local authorities, and survivor leaders to strengthen justice systems to protect 300 million people from slavery and violence by 2030. What a privilege to be part of a global movement working to bring people to safety and strengthen justice systems. -
đź“° News
Survivor leaders help protect two children from trafficking in Ghana
Earlier this year, a survivor group in Ghana called Courageous Crew helped police protect two young children, including a seven-year-old, from trafficking. -
đź“° News
International Justice Mission Launches Global Strategy to Accelerate the End of Modern Slavery
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 — International Justice Mission (IJM) launched a decade-long strategy – its 2030 Vision – to rally global societies to invest in and urge justice system reform in the most vulnerable areas of the world where people living in poverty arent protected from violence. -
đź“° News
First Arrest as IJM Gulu Takes on Domestic Violence
On April 26, 2018, a man who had brutally beaten his wife over many years was arrested by police in Gulu, Uganda. This is the first case of domestic violence that IJM has taken on, as part of a new pilot project this year in Gulu. -
đź“° News
Rice Mill Owner Convicted for Enslaving 24
Nearly 11 years after they were rescued from slavery at a large rice mill, 24 children, women and men have now secured justice. The mill owner who abused and enslaved them was finally convicted under Indias Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act on 8th of March, 2018—a critical breakthrough for protecting the poor from violence in this community. -
đź“° News
8 Days. 8 Operations. 88 Rescued.
The wave of rescues began when IJM assisted police in saving four girls from a private sex trafficking network in Kolkata. The youngest girl was only 13 years old. She and the others were moved around constantly by traffickers who were selling them for sex in homes and apartments—making it very difficult for authorities to pinpoint their location. -
đź“° News
IJM Celebrates Progress in Cambodia
This year marks thirteen years since IJMs first rescue operation in Cambodia—a country where sex tourists could once purchase young girls for sexual exploitation without fearing any consequences. IJM Founder Gary Haugen and a team of senior leaders were in Phnom Penh this week to celebrate remarkable progress, and to honour the IJM team and committed partners who have made the impossible, possible. -
đź“° News
New Year Begins with Massive Rescues
Three generations. Thats how long these families pictured said they have been trapped in a cycle of forced labour slavery in India. -
đź“° News
IJM Mumbai Trains More than 10K Officials in 2015
IJM Mumbai staff are celebrating a major milestone this December with the completion of trainings for more than 10,000 police officers, social workers and prosecutors throughout 2015. Sanjay Macwan, IJM Mumbais Field Office Director, says the majority of his staff havent taken a single day off work this year because they were so committed to achieving the goal together. -
đź“° News
IJM & U.S. Homeland Security Assist Rescue of Six-Year-Old Day Before Her Birthday
A young girl in the Philippines is celebrating more than her latest birthday this past week. On the 5th of December, the day before her 6th birthday, she and four other children had been living in abusive conditions at their home in Cebu when they were rescued from cybersex trafficking. -
đź“° News
Maximum Sentencing Sends Strong Message To Traffickers to Stop Abuse in DR
Two Dominican men are behind bars where they will spend the next 20 years in prison for sexually abusing a young teen, receiving the maximum sentence allowable under Dominican law. The convictions are a major victory for IJMs team in the Dominican Republic and for 15-year-old Clarisa,* who testified against the two men. -
đź“° News
Supreme Court Sends Strong Message in Upholding Slave Owner Conviction
DELHI, INDIA – A former slave owner will remain behind bars for another two years after the Indian Supreme Court upheld a conviction on 1st December against a man who ran his business using slave labour.